Thursday 1 April 2010

Today on LK Blog: COD:MW, Game review with N00bster

Today is a very special day, bloggers, for I am introducing our new games reviewer, N00bster
Now play nice.

Hi, I am n00bster, the new video game reviewer for da LK blog. I play many video games :), just like most other boys (parents only ever think you're the only one who plays video games :P) Anyway here goes my first "review" though technically I suppose it isnt ;D
 
Yes, I know, it's a bit odd to write my first review on a game that's already been out for 2 years. But it's not the actual game I am focusing on, more on what ALL 1st person shooter games should be based on.

Read more after the jump.
 



CoD4 is quite literally the best 1st person shooter I've ever played. What?! Even better than Modern Warfare 2?! ARE YOU INSANE? No, my over-reactive friend, I am serious. Here's why:
Yes I agree, MW2 has better graphics, more guns, more perks, more maps, and more games to play, plus the addition of spec ops ( the only thing I like in MW2)
But, and here is the BIG but- CoD4 is just so much more original, and takes more “skill” to play.
Put it this way- the campaign on CoD4 is just so much more enjoyable and exciting than that of MW2s. The whole game play is more original. This is hard to explain....
Right, to put it in one sentence, CoD4 is, in my opinion, more fun than MW2. MW2 makes me feel sort of “pressured” to do well in so I don't look like I'm bad in front of “prestigers”. Whereas on CoD4, the whole thing is just for fun.
I don't feel the necessity I do on MW2 to win. I don't even care if I come rock-bottom on the scores- no one does. After all, we all have our good and bad days. In fact to put it bluntly, CoD4 is just one big lol. Because MW2 is out, all the “noobs” have gone to play that, leaving the rest of the dedicated gamers to just enjoy the game while not feeling under pressure.
For instance, the other day I was in a map, when I saw a sniper in this building ( he had a microphone by the way). I quickly ran into the building and snuck behind him, and then I pretended to hump him! After about 14 seconds he turned round and knifed me ( but then he died because of martydom). We laughed. Because it was so funny. I didnt have to be worried about being labeled a “noob”. Nobody does. I remember one time everyone on both sides deliberately layed out tonnes and tonnes of C4 on the road, and then we all jumped in and died! You just wouldn't get that on CoD6.
Also, as a final insult to MW2s reputation, I must say the offline multiplayer is quite frankly rubbish. You only get 5 default classes, whereas CoD4 has about 12. The main bit I hate about MW2 split screen multiplayer though is that it is deeply unfair.
Lets say for instance I am rank 56 prestige. I have ultimate guns. Brilliant guns. Perks as well. But the other player who has come round can only use the default classes! I'd much rather have a fair game with weapons all players can use.

This is CoD4 lols. Most of the time this is what CoD4 is like. If you want to play an impressive game with technical accuracy, fine, play MW2. But if you want to have fun, pure, un-brideled fun, just choose CoD4. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. george? or theo perhaps.... possibly adam aswell? hmmm.. who is this mysterious noobster?:O

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Any Suggestions? Do you like Salsa?